The traditional drugstores most of the West has come to know & love are elusive in Southern France. No Walgreens, no Boots, no DM. The French Pharmacy culture is world renowned, but it comes at a higher price tag & many lackluster cosmetics.
So when I have the opportunity to raid a proper drug store, I do not squander it. I recently had a small Boots at Heathrow within my reach so I thought I would share my haul!
Simple Refreshing Facial Wash Gel
- Cost: £1.50 / 50 ml, £0.89 per Ounce
- Notable Ingredients: Vitamin E, Sulfate-Free & Silicon-Free; Full Ingredients
This is what started this entire shopping spree! I ran out of cleanser so I went to find a travel size. I do not usually gravitate towards Simple products, I have not had great experiences with the few I have tried & typically something is amiss in the ingredient list for my preferences.
Soap & Glory Peaches and Clean Deep Cleansing Milk
- Cost: £8.00 / 350ml, £0.68 per Ounce
- Notable Ingredients: Ginseng, Botanical Oils, AHAs, Fermentation & Algae; Full Ingredients
This is my most hoarded cosmetic type. While it is not the most interesting step in a skincare routine, it is one of the most important & I haven’t found The One yet. I have never tried Soap & Glory skincare before so I bought this as another candidate in the search for my perfect hydrating, yet clarifying cleanser.
Botanics All Bright Radiance Concentrate Serum
- Cost: £8.99 / 25ml, £10.58 per Ounce
- Notable Ingredients: Bilberry, Hibiscus & Hyaluronic Acid; Full Ingredients
This appears to be a controversial product on the UK drugstore scene, the serum has tripled in price the last few weeks with the only difference is a package change. However, I found this product to be reasonably priced & I have been curious about the hydrating AHA claims since I read a review on this last month.
Nip + Fab Glycolic Fix Serum
- Cost: £15.49 / 30ml, £15.49 per Ounce
- Notable Ingredients: Glycolic Acid, Glycerin & Aloe; Full Ingredients
My current AHA serum by Drunk Elephant has taken a turn for the worst (Hint: Do not recommend) so I needed a new product to fulfill this missing spot in my routine. How could I not try this cult classic product?
Simple Hydrating Light Moisturizer
- Cost: £4.29 / 125ml, £1.01 per Ounce
- Notable Ingredients: Glycerin, Lactic Acid, Fatty Acids, Vitamin E, Urea & Allantoin; Full Ingredients
This is a lightweight AHA moisturizer. I have not had the best luck with Simple products, but I could not pass up this ingredient list!
Boots Essentials Cucumber Eye Gel
- Cost: £1.50 / 15ml, £3.00 per Ounce
- Notable Ingredients: Glycerin, Vitamin E & Vitamin A; Full Ingredients
I have recently gotten into eye creams. Many people just use their normal skincare routine closer to their eyes, but I have sensitive eyes that have allergic reactions & I am prone to milia from clogged pores around my eyes. I could not pass up a fragrance free, lightweight gel that is under £2.
Palmer’s Coconut Oil Body Lotion
- Cost: £4.19 / 250ml, £0.50 per Ounce
- Notable Ingredients: Coconut Oil, Shea Butter, Vitamin E & Aloe; Full Ingredients
This is my favorite brand for creamy lotions. I love smearing my body in light-weight aloe gels, but harsh winds from the mountains this winter has left my skin flaky & drier than usual. My skin & hair loves coconut oil so this relatively new lotion from Palmers was a no-brainer for me.
Palmer’s Alpha / Beta Hydroxy Body Lotion
- Price: £4.49 / 250ml, £0.53 per Ounce
- Notable Ingredients: Lactic Acid, Mineral Oil, Shea Butter, Salicylic Acid & Vitamin E; Full Ingredients
Another one from my precious! I have gotten into AHA body lotions over the last year. I have excessively dry skin & KS, or chronic red bumps, on my limbs; which this type of product increases the cell turnover rate so it should alleviate some of the bothersome symptoms. I cannot wait to try this one out!
As much as this blog is centered around K-beauty, I love finds at the drugstore! What are some of your favorite products from Boots?